Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Felting Sweaters

We have been working on a project  this week. We took a trip to the Goodwill store and bought a few wool sweaters.  We then felted the sweaters, cut them up and designed out Nature Study bags, we will give these out as gifts. Adventure Academy Dad cut up some wooden buttons. This was a very fun project. C.G. and S.A. looked for the wool sweaters at the store. It was like a treasure hunt, when they found one they would say 100% wool!.

Front of Nature Bags.

Back of Nature Bags.

5 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea, and the wooden buttons are a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Fiona, we had lots of fun. I love the buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! I've been looking at my local goodwill for wool sweaters to try felting them for projects and they never have any. I think I'll have to go check in the city next time I go, I want to try it even more now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You I can't seem to get enough of this. If you do find one, I am sure you will make something very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete