Thursday, March 22, 2012

Coffee Cake with Strawberries




We had some leftover strawberries and didn't want them to go to waste. We love coffee cake in this house so we made that with strawberries.

Ingredients
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1T baking powder
1/2t salt
2 eggs
1/4 cup applesauce
3/4 cup milk (we used almond milk)
1cup strawberries

Topping
2/3 cup flour
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup softened butter
2t cinnamon

Mix eggs until foamy add milk and applesauce, set aside. In another bowl add together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet then fold in strawberries.  Mix together the topping ingredients and sprinkle on top bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 50 min.







4 comments:

  1. I love coffee cake but have never made it. This looks delicious and I love the pictures of your kids making it. My daughter loves being able to cut (even though it makes me nervous!) It makes her feel so grown up!
    Thanks for linking up at Food Adventure Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, that is exactly what my daughter said. It makes her feel like a grown up.

      Delete
  2. Oohh, I like the sounds of strawberry coffee cake! Looks like your kids did a great job. Master D loves to chop too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly, you can add whatever berry you like.....Raspberry? Oh I just reminded myself of a very nice recipe for raspberry cake. I will have to get it to you.

      Delete